The website dixit.com is committed to protecting the translator’s privacy on-line.
Client’s personal data collected by Dixit
To register on dixit.com as a client, the indicidual must provide his/her personal data. Following data may be asked: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email address, website, phone number, billing information...
The personal data obtained will be used to to:
- Provide the user with the information, and services offered through the website, for billing fulfilment;
- account administration;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to translation projects to be accomplished;
- audit the downloading of data from Dixit website;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the platform and improve them for users;
- identify visitors to Dixit’s website;
- carry out research on users' demographics and tracking of ordering data;
- send information to the user that may be useful or which have been requested from Dixit, including information about Dixit’s services.
When registering to dixit.com the user may accept to receive translation offer notifications by e-mail, “I agree to receive translation offers from Dixit by email”. This option can be disabled at any time via the user’s personal space, in the tab “Personal information”.
Dixit may also obtain information about the user’s online movements and use of internet. This is done by placing a ‘cookie’, which is a small file, on the computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons, for example to recognise the user whenever he/she visits the website ensuring not to have to enter all details such as login details. It will also enable Dixit to store information about the user such as personal preferences etc.
Further information about cookies will be available on : www.aboutcookies.org
Dixit may disclose your personal data:
- to other companies within our group;
- if we sell our business to a third party;
- to our agents and service providers (eg providers of web hosting or maintenance services);
- credit reference agents — see ‘Credit Reference Agencies above;
- in any other case where Dixit is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Dixit may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the website, in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
Dixit places great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with users. Security measures are put in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of any personal information under the control of Dixit.
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
Please bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. Dixit cannot guarantee the security of information the user submits via the website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at the user’s own risk. All Dixit can do is use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the user’s data and ensure the maintenance of a reliable and safe environment to use the data.
If the user opens a session on a shared computer or a computer in a public place, it is always advisable to close the browser at the end of each user session to help ensure others do not access personal information.